In 1998, during the time that His Majesty the King and Her Majesty the Queen temporarily resided at Klai Kangwol Palace, Hua Hin District, Prachuap Khiri Khan Province. Their Majesties granted royal initiative to the Commander-General of the 1st army Area Command to rehabilitate the crumbled Nang Panturat Mountain and the nearby areas while conserving it as the literary heritage of Thailand for the descendants to study as they read in Sung Thong, a Thai literature.
Later, there was an additional initiative on publicizing the project to the local people while persuading them to join hands in conserving and restoring their community and making project outline including seeking for the means to accelerate the color changing process of the stones.
1. To rehabilitate the crumbled Nang Panturat Mountain and the nearby areas.
2. To conserve as the literary heritage of Thailand for the descendants to study.
3. To publicize the project to the local people.
4. To persuade the people to join hands in conserving and restoring their community and making project outline.
5. To seek for the means to accelerate the color changing process of the stones.
Ban Khao Nuan, Moo 2, Khao Yai Subdistrict, Cha-am District, Phetchaburi Province
1. Natural rehabilitation
- Growing trees to restore the forest by building the nursery site for nurturing the tillers of the local vegetation, accounting for 10,000 tillers a year as well as growing plants to restore and recover the natural abundance
- Preventing the occurrence of forest fires within the project area
- Making a survey of the project site in order to demarcate the boundaries of the park, the agricultural community area,
2. Development and conservation of the natural resources and environment
- Training the youth and the students to understand the need of conserving Nang Panturat Mountain
- Conducting a survey on the ecological environment, the wildlife, and the natural resources for conservation and rehabilitation purposes
- Constructing the nature study trail
- Conducting research on breeding seaweed and on the effect of using the chemicals to stimulate the color changing process of the stones
3. Administration and management
- Making a campaign on ecotourism by producing the publications for public relations purpose.