1. To store fresh water for use in the Pak Phanang River and its tributaries as well as prevent the intrusion of saline water into the farming areas.
2. To solve the environmental problems caused by the operations of various projects as well as monitor and control the quality of the environment at present.
3. To study and analyze the efficiency of the measures to mitigate the impacts and modify the measures to be more suitable as well as make a plan for sustainable use of the natural resources.
4. To uplift the living standard and the well-being of the people.
5. To develop the occupations and the agricultural produce in a comprehensive manner.
6. To control the quantity of weeds and water hyacinths within a limit.
7. To enhance the drainage capacity in natural canals.
8. To transfer the technology of sustainable farming system of sea water shrimp among the farmers in the Pak Phanang River Basin.